About Calvary’s Pre-engineering and Space Science Class (PESS) and Partnership with Quest for Space:
This PESS class is uniquely designed with the incorporation of pre-engineering studies and the partnership with CCS, NASA, and the Quest Institute of Valley Christian School in San Jose, California. This partnership ultimately gives CCS students the opportunity to create and send into orbit an experiment they have created in the classroom at CCS. Calvary Christian School is one of only five schools worldwide in the 2019 launch.
Pre-Engineering and Space Science (PESS) Course Description: Calvary’s pre-engineering and space science class is a rigorous college preparatory course that actively engages students in laboratory based experiments, and student led research. This course is sanctioned by the Quest for Space Institute in San Jose, California. Students study heat transfer systems and the fundamental physics of space exploration (astronomy).
- CALVARY PESS STUDENTS’ CUSTOM EXPERIMENT READY TO LAUNCH INTO SPACE
- CALVARY’S PESS CLASS INVITED TO ATTEND INTERNATIONAL SPACE STATION LAUNCH AND PRESENT CLASS EXPERIMENTS!
- CALVARY CHRISTIAN SCHOOL PARTNERS WITH NASA AND QUEST FOR SPACE INSTITUTE TO LAUNCH EXPERIMENT INTO ORBIT!
- Watch the launch of SpaceX CRS-14 (Monday, April 2, 2018) – Click Here
- Watch the launch of the Cygnus NG-11 from Wallops Island, Virginia (Wednesday, April 17, 2019) – Click Here