Calvary’s Chick-fil-A Leader Academy did their Impact project today at Truth Spring Academy. Calvary Chick-fil-a Leader Academy students had fun with students from Truth Spring Academy in a fun-filled field day that included water slides, games, cotton candy and lunch from Chick-fil-a. A fun time was had by all. A special thanks to the Bradley Park Chick-fil-a for their sponsorship of this program.
Congratulations to high school student, Geiger Sturkie, as the recipient of the Adam Ross scholarship for the 2017-18 school year. This $2500 scholarship goes towards Geiger’s CCS tuition. This is the second year the scholarship has been awarded.
The late Adam Ross was a warrior for Christ who lost his physical battle with Addison’s disease in 2016. During his battle, he faithfully honored Christ by exhibiting character that typified the Christian life. In his honor, Adam’s parents have established a partial tuition scholarship for a middle or high school student at Calvary Christian School. This $2,500 scholarship will be sent directly to Calvary Christian School. Each year this scholarship is announced and awarded at the CCS Awards ceremony.
The character traits that serve as criteria for the Adam Ross scholarship are as follows:
- Servant to others For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve and give His life as a ransom for many. Mark 10:45
- Encourager/kindhearted Be ye kind one to another, forgiving one another as Christ Jesus has forgiven you. Ephesians 4:32
- Be a light for Christ Let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven. Matthew 5:16
- Perseverance/able to rise above circumstances in the midst of suffering Consider it pure joy my brothers whenever you face trials of many kinds because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
Calvary Christian School has received the 2017 National Beta School of Merit status. This prestigious honor recognizes academic excellence and commitment to celebrating the student’s achievements. Calvary Christian School has earned this award by offering National Beta to all eligible grades at CCS. National Beta provides students’ experiences in leadership development and service involvement which strengthen and build their futures.
Thursday, May 18th
6:30P, Calvary Worship Center
Tickets will go on sale in the lobby of the Worship Center starting at 5:30P this afternoon.
Adult tickets $8.00, Students & Children five and up $5.00
Call Time for All Performers is 5P in the Worship Center.
The doors of the Worship Center will not open until 6P for general admission.
Student Art Show – Enjoy the Student Art Show (elementary, middle school and high school) in the Worship Center lobby before, during, and after the concert.
Student Art on Display:
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
COLUMBUS, GEORGIA, MAY 11, 2017— Calvary Christian School (CCS) is pleased to announce senior Nick Baker, has signed a letter of intent to play baseball at Central Alabama Community College. The signing took place in the lobby of the CCS gym on Wednesday, May 10, 2017, with family, friends, CCS coaches, baseball teammates, and school staff present.
Nick has been at the top of our rotation and in the middle of our lineup for three seasons, having provided consistent excellent production from both spots. His 24 wins and 163 strikeouts in 2+ seasons are school records and reflect his dominance as pitcher during his high school career. Offensively, each year he has improved his approach, culminating into his senior year where he is currently batting .519. As a baseball program we are excited to see Nick get one step closer in achieving his goal of playing college baseball, as he signs with Central Alabama Community College. I have had the opportunity to see Nick grow as a young man both on and off the field, which as a coaching staff is most rewarding to see. I am excited to see how God will continue to work in and through Nick as he leaves Calvary. As we enter the postseason for the fourth straight season, we will be looking for Nick and our other three seniors to lead us to a State Championship!” – Calvary Christian School Baseball Coach Steve Smith
Nick Baker Career Statistics (2015-Present)
- Positions – P, 3B, OF
- Selected as a Captain for 2017 season
- Career Statistics (through April 26, 2017)
- Offensive – .404 Average, 97 Hits (3rd All-time), 29 doubles (2nd All-time), 5 Home runs, 65 RBI’s, 72 Runs (3rd All-time), 64 Walks (1st All-time), 38 Stolen bases
- Pitching – 24 Wins (1st All-time), 4 Losses, 163 Strikeouts (1st All-time) in 159 innings (2nd All-time), 2.02 ERA, 1.14 WHIP (2nd All-time)
- Pitched a no-hitter on 3/3/16 and 3/19/16
- 2015, 2016, 2017 All-Region Team, 2015 All-State Team, 2015 All Bi-City Team, 2015 & 2016 Calvary Pitcher of the Year
Calvary Christian School is a K3-12th grade school and offers the following: biblical instruction; challenging academics; AP and Honor classes; fine arts; athletics; extra-curricular activities; dual enrollment and before and after school care.
Since 1975, Calvary Christian School has been Teaching the Whole Child, the Whole Truth. An ACSI and SACS accredited K3-12th grade school, CCS’s faculty and staff are dedicated to providing real resources for spiritual, academic, social and physical growth for our students in a nurturing and supportive environment. As our school facilities grow we continue to offer unparalleled opportunities. For more information about Calvary Christian School visit CalvaryKnights.com, call 706.323.0467 or visit during Open House held each Thursday from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.