- Since 1975, Calvary Christian School has provided excellence in education. As the premier educational opportunity in Columbus, Calvary Teaches the Whole Child the Whole Truth.
Faculty and Staff
The faculty at Calvary Christian School are required to maintain ACSI certification. From kindergarten through 12th grade, our faculty has a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree and many have their Master’s degree. You can connect with each member of our faculty and staff from our Faculty page.
Early Education (K3 & K4)
In our Early Education Department (K3 & K4), your child will be challenged through a balanced approach for educational development. Our talented teachers are committed to providing a loving, nurturing, safe environment where children can learn, explore and pray. In age-appropriate, structured classes, children gather the “building blocks” for their educational success. God’s love for each child as His special, unique creation is demonstrated through the words and actions of a caring Christian teacher. His love for your child is affirmed through daily Bible instruction, prayer, Scripture memorization, along with exciting weekly chapel programs. Research shows students who have had a great start to their education have a huge advantage over their counterparts. CCS is committed to providing a great start for every child. Your child will HAVE FUN every day!
- Phonics-based reading development, resulting in advanced reading skills by Kindergarten
- Math awareness focused on understanding concepts
- Social development in group settings, as well as through individual peer relationships
- Music, Art, Foreign Language, and Library
- Recess and physical activities
- Spiritual development
Elementary (Kindergarten – 4th)
Elementary school at Calvary provides students with a sound preparation for higher education.
Emphasis continues to be placed on instruction in a Christian environment, which begins in our Preschool Department. Elementary teachers strive to foster a supportive atmosphere giving students the opportunity to develop independence and self-confidence while challenging them to think critically and to solve problems. Consideration is given to the development and nurture of the whole child — spiritually, academically, physically, emotionally, and socially.
5th & 6th Grade Academy
5th & 6th Grade Academy is designed to meet the specific developmental needs of the 5th and 6th grade student as they transition from Lower School to Upper School. Students will be introduced to the basics of organization, time management, and study skills which are crucial for success in Middle and High school. For the first time, students will have the opportunity to choose and explore a variety of elective classes. The faculty and staff are passionate about this age and committed to helping make this critical transition a positive one.
Scripture is the foundation for all subjects and is integrated into all aspects of the curriculum. Weekly chapels are a highlight of the week and also reflect the desire to transition students from elementary to middle school. Students will have a combined chapel with middle school students two times a month and then have their own unique chapel the remainder of the time. There will be monthly small group sessions to allow students to discuss what they have been learning in chapel.
There are six (6) core classes that meet daily, taught by a faculty member who specializes in that subject.
- Language Arts
- Social Studies
- Students will be challenged to use higher-level cognitive skills that will prepare them for Middle School.
- Hands-on learning
- 6th grade students are able to participate in Middle School Sports
- Participation in the Lower School musical
What Others are Saying
Calvary Prepared me Spiritually for College!
"Calvary prepared me spiritually for college and the real world beyond. Coming from another culture, faith helped me to choose my friends wisely and stay on a good path. I was able to withstand the major pressures of life. It also gave me hope, hope that in the States I would become successful to support and see my parents here with me." -Emmanuel Nkoueleue, Class of 2003
Calvary is a family!
Seeing the love of Christ
Middle School (7th & 8th)
Middle school at Calvary is an environment where students are challenged to excellence!
Calvary’s middle school offers a quality education with the integration of a Biblical worldview. The core subject areas are Mathematics, Science, History, English, and Bible. Students also have ample opportunities to explore subjects that cultivate their gifts in technology, athletics, and performing arts. The middle school faculty recognize the need for a positive transition from early to upper level education, and we offer a strong curriculum to prepare for the rigor of high school.
The middle school faculty strive to make disciples of every child and to help each one develop a true relationship with Jesus Christ. We provide students opportunities to grow spiritually through chapel services, small group Bible study, retreats, and service projects.
As students transition into the middle school years, they will be exposed to various teaching methods and new levels of learning. The curriculum in these middle grades is designed to accommodate the diverse levels of maturity and growth of pre-adolescents into adolescents. Students are introduced to higher-level cognitive skills and are given many opportunities for hands-on learning.
- Innovative, inspired teaching by educators who are highly qualified
- Students equipped for success in high school years
- Small class sizes and dedicated Christian teachers
- School activities reinforcing the values of your home and church
- Christian content integrated within the curriculum
High School (9th – 12th)
A challenging academic program is offered in Calvary’s high school program.
Our curriculum builds upon the strong foundation of our elementary and middle schools and is taught from a Biblical worldview. Courses are offered in the following areas:
- Social Studies
- Foreign Languages (French, Spanish, and Latin)
- Fine Arts (features communications, drama, choral music, and visual art)
- Physical Education
Additionally we offer:
- Advanced Placement Courses
- Dual Enrollment Courses (at Calvary and online)
- Honors Courses
- College Guidance
- Student Leadership Opportunities
- Weekly Chapel Program
- Pre-Engineering and Space Science Class (PESS) – Click Here to learn more!